Day-to-Day Arts and Crafts Business Management Information and Resources
Helpful arts and crafts business management information and resources on how to deal with day-to-day non-creative side of running your arts/crafts business. Learn more about hiring, paying and managing labor, selecting business insurance and establishing vendor relationships.
Interested in taking your arts and crafts business to the next level? Find out more about how to sell your crafts wholesale, expand your business into related product lines and take in outside investors.
- Accounting for Your Arts and Crafts Business
- Tax Information For Arts and Crafts Businesses
- Advertising and Marketing
Accounting for Your Arts and Crafts Business
Here are the information and resources covering accounting and bookkeeping topics for your arts or crafts business. Find out how to keep a set of books for your business. Learn how to judge the effectiveness and efficiency of your arts or craft business by frequently reviewing the three financial statements.
- The Three Types of Financial Statements
- Artists and Cost of Goods Sold
- Arts / Crafts Purchases - Inventory or Expense?
- Depreciation 101
- Use Microsoft Accounting Professional 2009 to Create COGS Kits
- How to Figure Schedule C Gross Income
- How to Prepare an Income Statement
- Financial Statements - Income Statement, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow
- Selling Crafts for Value or Price - Attracting Your Desired Customer
- Classifying Arts and Craft Expenses
- Introduction to Using Accounting Software
- Sample Chart of Accounts for an Arts and Crafts Business
- How to Prepare a Balance Sheet
Tax Information For Arts and Crafts Businesses
It's important to know the tax reporting obligations for your arts or crafts business. Here is useful information about federal and state income, sales and payroll taxes. Find out what taxes you are liable for, when they are due and how to pay them.
- Tax Considerations for Self-Employed Arts and Crafts Vendors
- Sole Proprietorship 1040-ES Tax Deposit
- Selecting a Schedule C Activity Code for Arts / Crafts Businesses
- Tax Deductions for the Business Use of Your Vehicle
- Reporting Corporate Total Income on Federal Tax Returns
- How to Manually Prepare a 1099-MISC
Advertising and Marketing
Learn how to make a name for your arts and crafts business by using effective marketing and advertising techniques. You'll find everything you need to know from finding, entering and exhibiting at craft shows, fairs, festivals and seasonal events to opening a storefront to selling online.
- How to Hold a Cooperative Craft Show
- Choosing Artists and Crafts to Exhibit at Your Cooperative Craft Show
- Review of Ruby Lane Online Marketplace
- Making the Internet and Ecommerce Work for Your Craft Business
- Use Google Profiles to Market Your Craft Business
- Learn About Opening an Etsy.com Shop
- Learn About Opening an ArtFire.com Shop
- Purchasing a Beehive Co-op Franchise
- Creating a Policies Page for Your Ecommerce Web Site
- How to Use Celebrity Images for Ecommerce Purposes
- How to Write Good Product Descriptions for Ecommerce
- Examples of Arts and Crafts Product Descriptions for Ecommerce
- Selling Arts and Crafts at Museum Gift Shops
- Selling Arts and Crafts on Consignment - What to Consider